Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Monday, February 05, 2007

Family, 75 years, & Deer

On Saturday we drove to my parents home and my brothers and wives, nieces and nephews, etc. all converged on my father for his surprise 75th birthday party. My mother had planned it well and he was truly surprised. We all had alot of fun and enjoyed a nice lunch together. We had never been able to get everyone together all at the same time, so it was wonderful to grab a photo while we had the chance. I think, most importantly, my father had a wonderful time! Below is the painting that my mother commissioned me to paint for him. I have never done a landscape and this one was quite a challenge with the rainbow. I know it needs alot of work on the values, but after several attempts, my time (and patience) had run out. It does look very nice framed and matted. Dad likes it and that is what is important to me.
Yesterday afternoon I was pleasantly surprised as I stepped out on our deck! Our little deer friends were back and grazing in the yard below. I have not seen them in a few months.


No comments: