Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Paint Brush is Working Again


After an involuntary hiatus, it is time for the brush to start flying again. As you might have noticed from the lack of paintings appearing here, I have been in somewhat of a winter slump. But the other day, the sun was shining brilliantly and the temp reached about 50, so the paints and brushes came out. Voila! I'm not very adept with lilacs, but here is my first attempt with them. I have alot of trouble controlling the amount of pigment, but without a challenge watercolor painting would be no fun anyway. I can't wait for the watercolor classes to begin again! Not only am I able to work out problems and have questions answered, but it is a definite time set aside just for painting.
I received a wonderful little e-mail from a very special young lady this morning in which she directed me to her new website. Wishbone Arts features Brandi Richards paintings, drawings, photography & mixed media work. Pay her a visit at www.Wishbone-Arts.com I was quite impressed and I think you will be too.
I pray that everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year!! I will be visiting with my brother for his annual gathering and for my birthday. So, until next year...........................

3 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

I see your work is beutiful and how nice it is to meet another Leanne on the blog.

I enjoyed reading about your blesses life and like me family and home are very important.

I hope to visit again very soon.
Lee-ann

Leanna said...

Thank you Lee-Ann for your kind comments. It is always a joy to meet other "Lee-ann's" isn't it? I have met several along the way; all, but 2, with different spellings though.

Glad you dropped by to visit and post a comment. Please do so again! I try to post regularly, but have not been up to par on that lately. But don't give up! I'll be back very soon!

Anonymous said...

georgeous!
rose