Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Monday, September 10, 2007

Front Porch Sitting, Liberty, and An Invite

1. Yesterday a dear old friend (and I do sincerely mean old-er at 81) asked hubby and I to come over this morning to pick up a little something he had for us. We went over to visit him earlier today and to our surprise he had built a picnic table for our front porch!!! Thoughtful and ever so kind is he. After bringing it home we proceeded to sit down at our new picnic table, drink iced tea and watch the world go by in our little neighborhood. Oh, how sweet are the small pleasures in life!!! Only to get better when our dear old friend can join us.

2. The Lord has blessed me with dear friends 'round about me! Liberty lives on the other side of our backyard fence and she is the proud owner of Cuthbert, the rooster, that I wrote about in an earlier post. I love to sit and just chit-chat with her; I love to listen to all the wonderful and funny stories and glean bits of wisdom from her.

3. Thrilled to receive an invite to go on a little jaunt with my mother next week!

No comments: