Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Kitty, Chef in the Kitchen, and My Guide

Life here on the Oregon coast is pretty wonderful lately. I haven't been posting regularly lately, because so much is going on in our neck of the woods and for the most part, I have to say everything has been good, good, good. Since moving to our new place in August, we have had many "visitors" to our home, all with the hopes that we would be keeping a bottomless dish of cat food on our porch. Yes, cats are abundant in our neighborhood! I warned the cat lover in our household that he was not to start feeding them and he took it to heart for a good 2 months, I'd say, until a little female revealed that she was living under the church building next door AND that she was starving. After a few bowls of milk and a morsel of left-over cod, she decided to follow us home and she has not left since. She now has run of the house (though she never strays far from the "princess chair", where she lounges and bathes herself regularly) during the day and then she promptly wants out at night. The arrangement works well for all of us, so far. I was talking with a friend about this new arrangement and she made the remark "All strays that you take in are 1. pregnant, 2. full of fleas, 3. wormy, or 4. all of the above." Miss Kitty is quite clean, but also quite PREGNANT!!!! I'm not sure how we will deal with that, but all in all, we like our new guest. I'll try to post a picture of her soon.
It has been a treat this week to have our son home, in good spirits, and to see his love of cooking at work in our kitchen! Today we will be feasting on a wonderful smelling pot roast with all of the trimmings.
My Guide, My God. He is so good and His love never ceases to amaze me! In the turmoil of this life, I am thankful, beyond description for His goodness and peace of mind he provides to me and my family.

3 comments:

Laura Brittain said...

I love a good roast and the way it makes the house smell while it's cooking. I hope one of my three boys will enjoy cooking for his parents one day! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mamalea,

I'm happy for Miss kitty. You'll be again witnessing the miracle of birth. I'm glad I've stopped by to view your beautiful bird too. I'm sure miss kitty likes the birds!

Lisa McGlaun said...

Sounds like Missy Kitty has found a wounderful family to hang out with. She's lucky. I've taken in several strays over the years and have never regretted it.

Best Wishes,
Lisa