Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Back!....almost.

After 3 weeks away, I am ready to be back! I have really missed blogging and I have missed the contact with friends I have met here! Let me tell you, the last few weeks have been non-stop and exhausting, to say the least.
Almost 3 weeks ago, we loaded up the moving truck with all of our belongings from our 4 bdrm home and headed down the road to Gold Beach, OR. When we arrived we unloaded the truck and attempted to arrange our things in our new home ... a 1 bdrm apartment! It's really not as bad as it sounds!
We have taken over the management of a local motel. Lots of work ahead of us and the summer season will be fast approaching, but just wanted to let you know that I am still here. I unpacked all of my art supplies today and arranged them in my little corner of the living room (lovingly, of course). I really have missed painting!!!! I need the therapy.....maybe, after a nap.......
P.S. Check back soon for more updates.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad you're getting settled in. Once you get your art supplies out, it begins to feel like home,doesn't it?
Managing a motel sounds like quite an adventure - keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog
welcome to my blog : http://vietnam-blogger.com