Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Monday, February 25, 2008

If I Keep Walking West, My Feet Will Just Get Wet!

After weeks of "disconnect" from this blog and other areas of my life, I have come to a point in my life, once again, where I can take a deep breath and look toward the things I enjoy most. One of them is posting and networking with my friends here on the web. Many of you have been patiently awaiting my return after our move. Thank you!
The move? I recently stepped out of my familiar life (a comfort zone, to be sure) into a new venture. Yes! It was a somewhat scary decision to make. For years now we have looked for a new opportunity; a new job that we could do. And God, being who He is, answered my prayers. One day, out of the blue, we were asked if we would be willing to manage a motel! We thought about it, prayed about it and well, here we are!!
So far, so good. We are in a lovely little community on the southern Oregon coast...Gold Beach, Oregon. Gold Beach is home of one of the most scenic adventures in the Northwest. Since 1895, mail boats have delivered mail and packages up-river to Agness and still do today. Loads of fun and unsurpassed beauty can be had and seen on the Rogue River Mail Boat Hydro-Jet Trips!

Though I have been very busy and focused on the details of running The Sand Dollar Inn, I have managed to do a bit of painting. Actually, just a few watercolor sketches. I will try to get them posted as soon as I can get MY computer set up. I am also looking forward to getting out and about in the art community here. There are 6 galleries here and many artists, so I'd better get my brushes wet and start creating again....oh! how I miss it!

No comments: