Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Monday, February 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged!!!!

Recently, I was tagged by Doudy over at Doudy Sketche. I consider it quite an honor, since I don't see myself as being in the same class of artist as Doudy. He's wonderful. Wow! Thank you. I'm supposed to share 5 things about myself and then tag 5 other people.

1. I have been painting watercolors for almost 2 years.
2. I just recently moved to the southern Oregon coast, where painting fodder is always plentiful!
3. My favorite authors are God (The Bible), Jan Karon (The Mitford Series), Charlene
Baumbich (The Dearest Dorothy Series), Laura Ingalls Wilder and Francis Hodgson Burnett (The Secret Garden).
4. I am the daughter of a preacher and a school teacher.
5. I am the mother of the most wonderful son.

Now, on to my tag selection!

1. Catherine @ In and Out of the Studio
She is a wonderful artist who's style I just adore! She also offers classes and is just a wonder-
ful friend, full of encouragement and inspiration. Thank you, Catherine!
2. Carol @ Paris Breakfasts. Now this is
a woman who has created a career out of what she loves ... painting, traveling, & Paris. Very
inspiring!
3. Jenny @ Jenny Davis Watercolors I don't know much about Jenny, but I know that I just drool whenever I visit
her blog. Wow! to paint portraits like this artist does! Very nice.
4. Michael @ Painting the West I just recently
found Michael's blog and I found it fresh, inspiring, and a place I will visit regularly.
5. Joanna @ Higglety Pigglety
Absolutely adore Joanna's work! And who couldn't love Captain Rupert. Joanna has made
her love of art and a rabbit a lifestyle. Wonderful!

Okay, it's your turn! Each of you, please share 5 pieces of info about yourself and then tag 5 other people. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

Thanks so much Leanna for the kind words and for picking Paris Breakfasts
Carolg :)

Catherine said...

Thanks Leanna - I appreciate the nice comments!
I'll try to come up with something good :)

Joanna said...

Finally we are doing the tag, thank you very much for choosing us.