Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Monday, November 06, 2006

A Driver, a cook, and Bliss

1) At 8:00 am this morning I was on the highway heading 25 miles south to Florence. Any other morning I would be relaxed and comfortable with this drive, but this morning the winds were gusting about 50 mph and I was heading into them. With every bend I drove around the wind slammed into my small fuel efficient vehicle, jostling it all over the road. I had joined the "white knuckle" crowd as I rounded the bend at Heceta Head Lighthouse and by the time I reached Sea Lion Caves I was approaching a noticable nervousness. Then suddenly I turned on the radio and what was playing?...."Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood. Have you heard it? Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
That was EXACTLY what I was needing!!!! The amazing thing is that very shortly, the gusting wind stopped!!!! How can you not love and trust in the Lord to take care of you????
2) Austin came home from working and being on these treacherous roads today, walked in the kitchen and baked up a luscious Pumpkin Pie. YUM, YUM!!! I'm thankful for a son that cooks!
3) I know this now is approaching a "food blog", but what else do you do in a storm, but cook and eat good food??? Okay, in this case, good goodies. Now usually I can take or leave ice cream, but I have finally found an ice cream that I find myself occasionally craving.......
Sheer Bliss It is absolutely wonderful!
Comes in an elegant keepsake tin and though it comes in several flavors, it's specialty is flavor is Pomegranate. Oh my! the texture is ultra creamy and smooth, the flavor is wonderful. This is the best ice cream ever! It has just begun to be distributed and it is a bit pricey, but it is well worth the request if your local store does not yet carry it. Also, if you are able to maintain any self-control, keep in mind that I am able to make this divine treat last 3 - 4 evenings (if your "roomie" doesn't find it).

No comments: