Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Lilac and Rambling.........

Okay, well it seems like I have been away for a long time, but really, I haven't been away at all. I have just been busy and tired. Needless to say, but my paintbrushes have been getting thirsty also. I feel so neglectful! But, after being up till 1:30 a.m. doing our books and then wide awake this morning at 5:30 a.m., I did manage to go to my watercolor class and amazing to me, managed to accomplish this little painting in my Moleskine. This picture does not do it justice at all. All of the purples, blues and pinks blend so much nicer than what it is showing here. Also, it is a pen & ink. You can't really tell here, can you?
I also have a couple larger paintings I am working on, but I have gotten to "a dead zone" in my mind on them, so they are set aside for a bit of time.
Keep coming back! And thank you so much for visiting!

1 comment:

theaburgerart said...

Love your blog, I am an artist to, now how easy it is to neglect my blog.