Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Access, Birds, and Simple Things

1. Several days ago I woke up to find that my computer monitor had died in the middle of the night and I have been without internet access ever since. I know you all know how that makes one feel.......panic, at a loss, confusion, etc.! I quickly called around for prices and to my dismay found that the only thing that will fit into our budget at the moment, is an old CRT! Horror!!!! No Way!!!!! So after several days of being "detached", today I quickly ran to purchase the dreaded monstrosity (a box, 15 x 19) for $1 and placed it on my desk. It takes up my entire desk, so that I have to hold the keyboard on my lap, BUT I am connected again and I can write to all of you and let you know what I have been enduring. :) LOL!!!!! It is good to have internet access, once again!

2. Birdies, birdies, birdies! They are flying up and trying to get inside the birdhouses, even as my dear hubby is in the process of hanging them! They must make claim to the new homes before winter is upon them, I guess.

3. Why must the world make the simplest things in life so complicated? I must remind myself to BREATHE slowly......BREATHE slowly.......this is a simple thing.

No comments: