Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fresh Bread, Little Helper, and Puppy

1. The aroma of fresh bread (foccacia w/parmesan, to be exact) from the oven. Mmmmm...so good, in fact, I bought one and when I got into the car, I tore off a large chunk and proceeded to eat it right away! So much for dinner...................:)

2. I went grocery shopping this morning and a young boy of about 12 approached me in front of the soups and asked "Where is the tomato soup?" I pointed it out and he grabbed two large cans and took off running. The next aisle over there he was again and asked me where another item was, grabbed it and took off running! This continued throughout my shopping and I observed him several times with his arms loaded down. When I got to the check-out stand there he was with a shopping cart piled high. He was alone, so I asked him if he got all of his shopping done, to which he replied "Yes, but I am worn out." As I pushed my cart out to unload my groceries, there he was again! This time unloading them into the back of a beat up pick-up. As he climbed into the truck (on the passenger side) I heard him say to the elderly woman in the driver's seat "That was sure fun, Grandma!"

3. A small yellow lab puppy on a leash, running round 'n round his owner's legs! I had to laugh!

No comments: