Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Next Best Thing to Being There, Venting, and Watercolor Class


1. It is still remarkable to me that through the modern invention of the telephone I can talk to someone 1500 miles away and they will sound like they are in the same room with me! It truly is a blessing that my dear and long-time friend, that I have not seen or spoken to in years, rang me up this morning and it just felt like old times. She sounded the same as I remember and I'm pleased to know she is happy and doing so well. The telephone. It really is The Next Best Thing to Being There!

2. According to my dear hubby, I can cook up a batch of old-fashioned Fried Chicken tonight. The contractors are here, as I write, installing a range hood and vented outside through the roof. I never liked cooking in a kitchen without a fan to draw the odors and fine grease spatters out! After all, I just painted. So, dear hubby may be correct....Fried Chicken may be on the menu tonight.

3. Am always happy and excited when another round of watercolor classes begins! Starting Tuesday I will be back at it and am anxious to learn new techniques and striving to perfect the skills I have.

No comments: