Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

To Know Me is to Love Me

I'm not a snob, but, I may be an INTROVERT. I found this description of myself at Crazy Dust in My Coffee

Introversion

"Remember, someone you know, respect, and interact with every day is an introvert, and you are probably driving this person nuts."

~ Jonathan Rauch


"I am an introvert.

This means that I prefer to be by myself. It’s not that I can’t or won’t talk with other people, it’s just that to recharge my batteries I need lots of time away from people. In solitude and quiet self-reflection. Alone.

This does not mean that I am weird or strange. It just means that I process information differently than extroverts do. Introverts think then speak, while extroverts think while speaking. It’s that simple.

This does not mean that I don’t care about others. It just means that hearing about the details of day-to-day existence for someone else tires me, so I don’t clamor to hear about someone else's life. Hence, you’ll get very few phone calls and very little chitchat from me. People wear me out.

This does not mean that I never socialize and that I am shy. It just means that I prefer smaller groups of people over larger groups of people. When faced with parties and big events I tend to fade into the background and/or get very quiet because I feel uncomfortable with all the movement and shallow talking that is going on around me. I get tired.

And finally, this does not mean that I am aloof or haughty. It just means that I look at things more deeply and then measure my words more slowly than extroverts. In reality, I’m the flexible, independent, responsible, creative and reflective soul who sits on the curb watching the parade go by, cheering the extroverts on, trying to make sense of it all. . . and wondering when I’ll be able to get back home to recharge."



4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Leanna - thanks for stopping by to visit me ACROSS THE POND.
I'm enjoying reading through your interesting blog - love your paintings and know you will enjoy your new studio.
You live in a lovely state - I've always enjoyed my visits there, especially the coast. I see you have cooler weather and envy you - it hit 103 again in Raleigh today, much too hot for me. I may be a "Southern Gal" but that was the South of England where it never gets anywhere near this hot!

Nancy Standlee said...

Saw your invite on BlogCatalog and visited your site. I like your rooster watercolor and also, I had to laugh at the comment about "driving other people nuts" about an introvert and I think I might fit the "driving" part. Check out our http://artistfoodnetwork.blogspot.com if you have a great recipe and an image of an ingredient.
http://nancystandlee.blogspot.com

Leanna said...

Mary, Thank you for your recent visit! Hope you'll come back again soon.

Leanna said...

Nancy, I'm so glad you came by to visit! It's OK that you are the driving factor....everyone must do one or the other....drive or go nuts. I enjoy your sites too!