Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New window coverings, Bell, and Solitude

1. Had a lovely pair of vintage drapes and nowhere to hang them. Since they were 96" long, I didn't want to be cutting them up. I knew I would be able to use them one day. They measured 42" wide at the bottom and 24" wide at the top w/pleats. Well, in the new home I didn't have any coverings for our sliding glass door off the dining room, so I had a FLASH! I opened up the pleats, cut 9" off the top and sewed these into tabs and TA! DA!, I now have a beautiful window covering for the dining room. :)

2. The cat that lives across the street is a fun one to watch, especially in the morning. We have alot of birds in the neighborhood and she sits under a wooden bike jump ramp, waiting for the birds to fly in close to her. She comes flying out from under it, with paws swinging! The problem is she can never catch her prey.........she wears a bell (thus, the name I have given her).

3. For the past 1 1/2 years we have lived in the noisiest places! One block off a major highway, in the middle of town, and 1/2 a block from the local "watering hole". Then on a major thoroughfare, where the speed is posted 45, but the drivers travel at 60 and up. Today, I am taking in the peaceful quiet and solitude on our block (other than Cuthbert crowing and Bell's bell) ............. mmmmm, it's very refreshing!

No comments: