Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Friday, August 17, 2007

Manners, Growth and Little Pilots

1. Today, my son brought home a very nice young man to meet me. A young man from the midwest with the nicest manners a mother could hope for. My son is polite also and I am happy to see that he is befriending young men who are aware of their place and show respect to others.

2. My own personal growth has become a priority and focus for me. Especially the use of my tongue. I don't have a problem with the language I choose to use, but where and when I voice my opinion or thoughts. It feels good to be able to walk away from a conversation without kicking myself for the things I have said that were destructive, uninvited, or even useless to the other person.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:35-37

Notice, the Lord said "...........every idle word..............." Sure, makes me want to be careful!

3. This past week when I go out to the porch in the mornings, I have been watching the hummingbirds. They are frantically storing up "fuel" for the long migration in the fall. They are fun to watch and amazing little pilots too!

No comments: