Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Thursday, August 09, 2007

My son, Ladies who know when to give a hug, The End Call button

1. I love my son. I will support my son. I know my son will make right and good choices for himself and they will be pleasing to God.

2. It is wonderful and endearing when with a group of ladies, one will just know, instinctively, when you are in need of a hug, a squeeze of the hand, or just a kind word.

3. I am so thankful for telephones. They are very handy when you need to call a friend over for a cup of tea and crumpets, ask the doctor for an appointment, find out what movies are playing, etc. But I also am thankful for the End Call button! I don't know about of you, but I have noticed a new fad in telemarketing. The incessant "Customer Appreciation" calls are on the rise! You know how they go......."Hello Mrs. So-and-So. I'm Buffy with such-and-such company and I am not selling anything today, but our company noticed you are such a wonderful customer we would like to show you our appreciation by sending you free coupons in the mail. I assure you there are no strings attached. In 30 days we will enroll you in our free coupon program that will be delivered promptly to your home every month to use as you wish. Your credit card will only be charged $5.99. " The first 4 or 5 calls like this I was very polite, but when every company you have ever heard of begins calling with the same blathering, I will be honest, I have lost my polite tone with them. Just today I interrupted the caller and told her to not bother with her speel, as I was not interested in her offer and that I was only interested in her taking my name and number off her list. Her reply? "Oh! Don't get upset! I'll call you back tomorrow!" So much for customer appreciation. Needless to say, I am thankful for the End Call button.

No comments: