Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it! ... Robert Motherwell
"All great art is expression of man's delight in God's work, not his own." John Ruskin

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yard Work, Cast Iron, and Myrna Loy

1. Nobody can say that I am an avid gardener or even one who spends very much time with my fingers in the dirt, but it is a joy to awake on a summer morning and be blessed with the energy, time, and desire to do just that. Yesterday was glorious as my dear hubby was painting a bench for our porch (not too difficult of labor as to break open the cut he recently acquired) and I was trimming the shrubs, pulling weeds and "sprucing up" the yard! It is just a blessing to have a yard that I can call my own! Can't wait for spring!

2. Mmmmm..... a scrumptious pot roast cooked in an old, deep cast iron roaster (my latest garage sale find)!

3. Has been a treat to watch some old Myrna Loy movies. One of my favorites is Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Go to MSN Myrna Loy
for a full listing of her films and other information.

No comments: